Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beyond Political Affiliation

You don’t have to belong to the Green Party to be a good citizen. Granted, one may find more “good, responsible citizens” in the way that I define them with Green affiliations, but it is certainly neither required nor even important. Responsible
citizenship is separate and different from politics and party platforms. Essentially, it is based on actions resulting from a personal belief system rather than words resulting from what one thinks people want to hear.

I, myself, belong to no party, and have beliefs that come from all political ideals. I don’t believe there is a list of things you must do to be a model ‘responsible citizen’, but I think there are some basic guidelines that can lead you to following a more responsible path. My list-in-progress, includes:
  • Live free as long as your actions don’t take freedoms from or cause harm to another being
  • Respect nature above all else
  • Never doubt that the smallest of causes can lead to the greatest of effects
  • Remember that ‘want’ and ‘need’ are two very different things – most people truly don’t understand what ‘need’ means

Just wait, I will become entertaining again ;) I just want to start with some basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment